Linux is a multitasking, multi-user computer operating system that exists in many variants. Linux is Unix like OS ,
almost all commands of Unix runs on Linux UNIX & Linux is the oldest and most secure operating system architecture present today. Linux/Unix is still used today in a lot of servers.
Almost 80% of the websites are running on UNIX /Linux servers.
- Linux is free and there are scores of versions available to use the operating system but also application s/w for Linux are free , no need for software piracy Most Linux and BSD distributions are Open Source and therefore freely available to download.
- It is highly functional and there is a lot more "open source" software available that will run on +.nix systems than is available for Windows
- Linux is much more secure than other used o/s systems! No need to worry about "Windows environment" bloatware and viruses etc.
- Linux can be installed (albeit in a minimal mode) on any hardware 8086 upward system
- You can change the installation language of Linux and most installed programs by executing a simple shell command!
- Knowledge on Unix Linux is essential for learning many emerging technologies.
- Use of Linux is very essential to learn ethical hacking.
- If you are in the IT industry UNIX/ Linux knowledge is very essential.
On successful completion of the course the participant is expected to
- Understand Linux OS environment
- Understand about various Distributions of Linux
- Using GUI Environment of Linux
- Various Operating System commands and tools
- Writing shell scripts